Demigod Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demigod Legends

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Site Wide Plot Ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Morgana

Site Wide Plot Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Site Wide Plot Ideas   Site Wide Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2017 12:28 am

This is actually an idea I had on the other site but was shot down before it could be fully developed and fixed to make it a better idea...

My idea had actually be to have a son of Zeus who had two demigod grandparents on his mortal side, making him a son of Zeus, and Legacy of Mors and a minor water god. Essentially, the idea behind this Tigerli had helped me create was that he united the 3 different realms controlled by the b3 without necessarily being descended from all 3. Essentially, he'd be connected to the sky, the sea, AND the underworld, giving all 3 a connection in the form of one child. He would only really have any powers from Zeus, so he wouldn't be overpowered, the Mors and minor water god legacies would be purely for plot purposes. Of course I would buy the b3 slot first.

Last edited by Morgana on Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darkseide
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: Site Wide Plot Ideas   Site Wide Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Nope. I had an idea similar to this and it was shut down
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Site Wide Plot Ideas   Site Wide Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:19 pm

I'd have to personally say no to this, because as I've seen in the past, a lot of controversy can happen hen there is a plot surrounded around one character. I think the parentage in this is overall just too OP, and if I gave you this character, I feel like others would want the same type of character. I can consult Sienna and the future staff member about this, and take it into consideration, but it may be too much.

Also, Dark, the idea you brought to me was a Norse/Greek mix, and Norse aren't even on this site yet, and I don't allow cross-mythology parentage like that. I don't even like cross-mythologies interacting minus Greek/Roman.
Back to top Go down
https://demigodlegends.rpg-board.net
TheAutumnWriter
TheAutumnWriter

PostSubject: Re: Site Wide Plot Ideas   Site Wide Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:20 pm

Alright, this is a good idea don't get me wrong but I have one thing wrong with it. The thing that I feel is wrong with it is that all the realms are already connected through the goddess Hecate, who has domain and power over the underworld, the sea, and the sky. So, technically there is an entire cabin already that has connected all three of the domains. I get it that it connects the realms more "directly" because he is descended from 3 different gods that have power over the realms, but technically they are already connected already.
It is a good idea and I get where you're coming from, but there is a technicality as technically they are already connected.
Back to top Go down
Morgana

PostSubject: Re: Site Wide Plot Ideas   Site Wide Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Well Mason, the reason why it wouldnt be so easy to get is because personally, id be earning the coins to buy it myself first, before even considering it. Its not like youd just be handing me it either, as id be willing to be submitted to higher standards with the character than normal characters are. Either way, its all good, bud.
Back to top Go down
Mason
Administrator
Mason

PostSubject: Re: Site Wide Plot Ideas   Site Wide Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Mhm, oh yeah I definitely get what you mean, it's not easy to get necessarily. I wouldn't personally mind it, I'm very big on RPing to your creativitys extent, I just feel like having a plot centered around one character can create a lot of controversy and jealously. Maybe if we found a way to get multiple people involved it'd be alright. I like the idea though, it's fresh and interesting, and you put relatively good limits on it. I'm going to put the 'Discuss it' stamp on this one.
Back to top Go down
https://demigodlegends.rpg-board.net
Morgana

PostSubject: Re: Site Wide Plot Ideas   Site Wide Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 pm

Well, it was originally an idea created by more than one person, as Tigerli helped, and was supposed to eventually turn into a war between many characters, involving romance and rivalry and a ton of stuff, until RLR died. If people wanted to submit their characters to help it become a big thing, I'm definitely willing to make it about more than just my character's part in the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
Darkseide
Darkseide

PostSubject: Re: Site Wide Plot Ideas   Site Wide Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeWed Jan 03, 2018 11:29 pm

#CHARACTERGATE
Back to top Go down
Ghost Belle

PostSubject: Re: Site Wide Plot Ideas   Site Wide Plot Ideas Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2018 1:32 am

This isn't really about the plot in general, but it's more of a suggestion for everyone on a whole.

As someone who has been in the writing realm for pretty much a decade I've seen a lot in my time. I've met very creative writers and I've seen stuff succeed and I've seen stuff fail. I've seen things just die off. Something like this when it's based around one character will intrigue some and not others. Sure some may be jealous, but I think a good part of it is the fact that other people will feel their character is less important because that one character is "the chosen one" or "the reason it all started" type of deal. It's a good idea for character development and maybe quest line wise, but it's not site wide plot material.

Site wide plot material is more of a conflict among a group of people or an external force if you will. Create an antagonist, create a whole different group outside of what the author has done and take it to another level. Stuff like that. Or for an actual example, Metaloneus' idea that we've done was there was this group in New Rome called the House of August that nobody knew about unless they were in it. They were set on trying to make New Rome how it used to be. More of the traditions and what not. So in attempts to do that, they kept children of minerva out, they kept very far far legacies out, and they even kicked out people who would tarnish the name of New Rome or those unfit for the Roman lifestyle. This eventually created conflict as these other groups were slowly being discovered, and then plans formed to take the house down, and all this cool stuff, but in the end New Rome got destroyed and no one had a home anymore. That was one outcomes out of many for a plot like that. (Which is the creative property of Metaloneus so unfortunately you can't have that idea.) but stuff like that. Stuff where there are a lot of main and important roles to play and it's not focused on solely one being and their existence, it's focused on something more than that.

That was a lot lengthier than I intended, and I did not mean to offend anyone if I did, was just giving my advice as per my experience. Like I've said before I don't intend to write here, but I will give out advice when I feel it may be needed.

Of course this is an area for people to explore their creative side so I am in no way saying it is a bad idea and to write it off, all I am saying is it's not on the grand scale for a site wide plot. It's big quest worthy though and it does have a place where it could fit in. Smile

Regards,

Ghost Belle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Wide Plot Ideas   Site Wide Plot Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Wide Plot Ideas
Page 1 of 1